Where did THAT weekend go? Ugh… Monday again! 🙄 And if your Monday is anything like mine, the last thing you want (or have time) to do is spend an hour in the kitchen making dinner later. So I’ve decided to start posting “Monday Meal Quickies” (#MMQ) – a super speedy recipe with minimal ingredients that I promise to be weeknight worthy no matter how packed your schedule is! We’ll skip the lengthy blog post and get right into the good part! (Recipe below) 😉 I’ll also post a video slide show on my Instagram on Monday’s, in case you’re REALLY in a hurry… This first one is pretty light and healthy too, befitting the first day of summer! ☀️😎✌️ #WhatIveGotCookin
Italian Chicken Salads
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1/2 c. Light Italian dressing, plus more for serving
- 2 Tbsp. Brown sugar
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 head Iceberg lettuce
- 1 ripe Tomato
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 red onion (😝)
- In a shallow dish, whisk together 1/2 cup of dressing with brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken breasts in marinade, turning to coat both sides.
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour or two (or you can do this the night before).
- Bake at 350 for 30 min, or grill chicken until done.
- Slice up the lettuce and veggies and arrange on a plate.
- Let chicken rest, then slice and serve over the bed of lettuce with more Italian dressing over top.