I don’t know too many people who don’t like a good burger. And these days every restaurant and bar seem to have their own gourmet twists on them, with everything from fancy cheeses to stuffed burgers, with the toppings packed inside the ground beef. And that’s exactly what I’m going to be making today… Jalepeño and cheddar stuffed beer burgers!
The first step is the beer… Any beer will do, although you don’t want some crazy tasting micro brew with coffee flavor or anything like that; Just your standard ale or lager. Add 1/4 cup of it along with 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce to a pound of good ground beef. I but the ground sirloin, but that’s up to you. Then mix it all up with your hands until just combined.
Next, roughly chop up some pickled jalepenos and toss them together with your sharp cheddar cheese.
Portion out you beer hamburger meet into three equal balls, then shape them so there’s a well in the center, and enough of a side all the way around that you’ll be able to fold it over and seal them up once they’re filled. You don’t need that fancy burger stuffer thing they sell on TV late at night!
Divide your cheddar and Jalepeño filling evenly between the three burger wells. It’ll be about a quarter to a third of a cup in each. Then gently start folding your sides in and forming a solid patty, so that none of the filling is exposed.
You can cook these any way you choose, frying pan, grill pan, but certainly my choice for any burgers is outdoor over some charcoals! Nothing compares to the flavor you get from grilling, if you ask me! Season both sides well with salt and pepper just before cooking.
Just a few min each side should do, depending how you like yours, but you will want to make sure the filling gets heated through all the way, since it was exposed to the raw meat. This is also a good time to finish off that remaining beer! 😉 When they’re about finished, I like to top them with another thin slice or two of sharp cheddar cheese and serve on a good crusty roll! 😋 Don’t use plain old hamburger buns here, they won’t hold up… If you’re going to bother making these, buy some good rolls. Some bacon and BBQ sauce also make nice toppings, be creative! And Ooh… Onion rings! That would be 👌😏!
Happy Burger Stuffing! ✌ #WhatIveGotCookin
Jalepeño Cheddar Stuffed Beer Burgers
- 1 lb. ground sirloin (or beef)
- 1/4 c. Beer
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 c. pickled jalepeños (chopped)
- 1/2 c. shredded sharp cheddar
- Slices of sharp cheddar, for topping
- Put ground sirloin, beer, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Mix with your hands until just combined.
- Roughly chop pickled jalepeños, and combine with shredded cheese.
- Divide beer burger into three even pieces, and shape into wells.
- Fill with cheddar Jalepeño mixture, about 1/4 to 1/3 cup filling per burger.
- Gently fold in sides so all filling is covered and shape into patties.
- Season with salt and pepper and grill, a few minutes per side depending on desired doneness.
- Drink remaining beer (optional… But really! 😉)
- Top burgers with slices of sharp cheddar cheese and serve on hearty roll. Add bacon, BBQ sauce and other toppings as desired.