This salsa is so simple you’ll never want to buy it jarred again! I like a thin salsa, similar to what you get in the Mexican restaurant and that makes it even easier because you don’t have to even really chop your veggies much- just pulse everything in the food processor until smooth. If you prefer a chuncky salsa, simply chop your veggies a little smaller and skip the food processor step. This gets better after it sits in the fridge for a day or so too!
Easy Restaurant Salsa
- 5 ripe Roma tomatoes
- 2 Serrano peppers, seeded
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Dice tomatoes.
- Halve, seed, and dice Serrano peppers.
- Peel and finely mince or grate garlic cloves.
- Juice lime.
- Remove stems from and loosely chop fresh cilantro leaves.
- Combine all ingredients, along with cumin, salt, and pepper, and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve as is if you prefer a chunky salsa – OR – pulse in a food processor for a restaurant-style smooth dip. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips!