You can make this recipe with jarred roasted red peppers, but if you’ve never roasted your own I highly recommend just giving it a try. It’s SO easy and the kitchen smells amazing while it’s in the oven!
Sometimes I will roast a few at a time, and jar them for using later. Just add a tablespoon or two per pepper of olive oil to the jar and keep refrigerated.
Pasta Alfredo is one of my favorite dishes, and I’ve made this roasted red pepper version quite a few times, but only just tried it with the addition of the tomatoes. I think you’re gonna love it! 😉✌️
Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Fettuccini Alfredo
- 12 oz. fettuccini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to highest temperature. Line a baking sheet with foil. Roast pepper on baking sheet until charred on all sides, turning occasionally.
- Remove from oven and wrap foil around pepper and let cool. Once cooled, remove skin and seeds from pepper. Purée roasted pepper flesh with one tablespoon olive oil.
- In a pan, sautée garlic and tomatoes in a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- To sautée pan, add goat cheese, cream, milk, and Parmesan cheese and allow cheeses to melt.
- Stir in red pepper purée.
- Strain pasta and toss in Alfredo sauce to coat.