Nan has been making this cake for as long as I can remember and I don’t think I’ve ever had anything quite like it elsewhere. It’s an extremely moist cake with a sweet coconut topping that I think your family will love as well! Nan says it’s “Soooooo gooood!” ☺️🙂
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 – 17 oz. can fruit Cocktail and juice
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. evaporated milk
- 1 7 oz. bag coconut
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Beat sugar, oil, and eggs together.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add fruit and juice. Mix.
- Pour batter into ungreased 13×9 cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Combine all icing ingredients except coconut and vanilla in a saucepan.
- Heat and boil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla and coconut. Stir well and pour over cake while still hot.