I love these as a holiday appetizer because the red of the tomatoes with the bright green cucumbers just feels so Christmasy! But they are so fresh and light that they would certainly fit in at a summer gathering, shower, or any event! Recipe courtesy of Valya’s Taste of Home.
Serves: 24 pieces
- 2 cucumbers
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. light ranch
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- Black pepper
- Wash, peel, and slice cucumber into half-inch slices. Scoop out a tiny bit of the middle of each slice with a small measuring spoon. Pat centers dry with a paper towel so filling will stick.
- Combine softened cream cheese, mayo, and ranch until smooth. (I used an electric mixer with a whisk attachment).
- Add dill and garlic salt to mixture and stir to combine. Place mixture in a pastry bag with a star tip, or you can just use a ziplock baggie and cut a small opening in one corner.
- Pipe a small amount into each cucumber slice.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half and place one on top of each filled cucumber. Sprinkle with black pepper. ( These can be made a few hours ahead and refrigerated).