Don’t be intimidated making from-scratch pancakes, they are really simple and well worth it! These are the light, thin kind with crisp, buttery edges. Try them for your next breakfast or Sunday brunch with a side of bacon or sausage… mmmm! 😋🥞 I got this recipe from 80 Breakfasts … check it out!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Butter for the pan
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and vegetableoil. Add the melted butter and whiskthis in as well.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Whisk the flour mixture into the milk mixture until it’s just combined. Add more milk if you think the mixture is too thick (although my batter seemed to be quite thin but ended up being perfect).
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add a pat of butter. As the frothing subsides add a ladle full of batter. You can make the pancakes in any size you wish.
- Let the batter cook until bubbles form, and then pop,on its surface. Once the bubbles pop turn the pancake over and cook the other side until golden. Serve immediately, hot and fresh from the pan!