Lighten up pizza night with this fresh caprese flatbread! Made with whole wheat naan bread and topped with freshly roasted grape tomatoes, creamy fresh mozzerella and topped with a sweet balsamic reduction and fresh basil, you won’t miss the calories of a traditional take-out pizza one bit!
Serves: 2 pizzas
- 2 pieces whole wheat naan bread
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 3 Tbsp. fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced (appx. 1 clove)
- 1 c. (good quality) balsamic vinegar
- Make balsamic reduction: Pour vinegar into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes until vinegar has reduced down, stirring occasionally. When it coats the back of a spoon, it is done. Remove frome heat and let cool.
- Roast tomatoes: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place grape tomatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tbsp. olive oil and a sprinkling of salt. Roast in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Place flatbreads on baking sheet. Top each with remaining 2 tbsp. olive oil and the minced garlic, divided evenly.
- Divide sliced mozzerella among the flatbreads and evenly distribute roasted grape tomatoes on each pizza.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top each with some chopped fresh basil and drizzle on balsamic reduction. Serve immediately!