This is a really simple yet delicious granola recipe. I first made it to use in my Breakfast Salads recipe, but it’s great with plain yogurt or milk, added to your favorite cereal, or just on its own as a healthy snack!
Serves: 5 cups
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. honey
- 1/4 c. canola oil
- 4 c. old fashioned oats
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. raisins
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Combine brown sugar, honey and canola oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring often until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour brown sugar mixture over oats and add cinnamon and salt. Stir until oats are evenly coated.
- Spread granola mixture over a cookie sheet (sprayed with pam) and press mixture down.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before breaking apart and into pieces. Mix in raisins.
- Store in a ziplock bag or other air tight container.