I love beets. I love beets so much. I could sit and eat them by the bowlful! And I love eggs, too. This puts the two together and is a classic at Eastertime, however I wouldn’t complain a bit if we started having these more often! 😋
Pickled Eggs with Beets
- 2- 15 oz. cans whole beets
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 c. white sugar
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. cider vinegar
- Drain beets, reserving one cup of beet juice.
- Place beets and peeled hard-cooked eggs in a 2 quart glass jar.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar, water, vinegar, and reserved cup of beet juice to a boil.
- Pour over beets and eggs and cool. Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 24 hours before serving.