If you aren’t familiar with matcha it is green tea, however it is made by grinding up utilizing the entire tea leaf rather than just steeping it and discarding. This means you are ingesting 100% of the leaves’ benefits! Green tea is full of antioxidants, vitamin C, it lowers cholesterol and blood sugar, fights disease, AND is a great metabolism booster! I opted for a vegan variation of this smoothie made with almond milk and pea protein, but you coukd certainly substitute your favorite milk or protein powder if you prefer.
Matcha Green Tea Smoothie
- 12 oz. almond milk
- 4 Tbsp. matcha smoothie powder (I used Wegmans brand Matcha Super Greens blend)
- 1/2 banana, peeled and sliced
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 1 Tbsp. protein powder (optional- recommend organic pea protein powder)
- 1 tsp. agave nectar (optional, for sweetness)
- Combine all ingredients in blender.
- Blend well until smooth. Drink and enjoy.