I LOVE salmon… It’s one of my favorite foods. I like it grilled, on a salad, and especially raw in sushi or sashimi. But when I’m cooking it at home THIS is my absolute favorite way to make it! The sweet, flavorful glaze is sure to please everyone making one of my go-tos if I’m having company. It’s SO SO easy to prepare, virtually impossible to mess up, and I promise you people will be so impressed! I like to serve this with wild rice and of course a slice of lemon for a quick, healthy meal!
- 4 – 6 oz. salmon fillet portions
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, fresh
- 2 Tbsp. dry white wine (or water)
- 1 tsp. grated ginger, fresh
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except the salmon filets in a small saucepan.
- Over medium heat, bring just to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, whisking constantly. Simmer 1-2 minutes, just long enough to allow the cornstarch to thicken the glaze. Remove from heat.
- Place salmon portions in a nonstick baking. Brush each with some of the glaze, reserving the rest.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, basting the fish with more glaze every 5 minutes. Salmon will be opaque but still a very bright pink in the center when it is done.
- Remove from oven and baste one final time with any remaining glaze. Serve over wild rice with a lemon wedge.