This Italian classic combines flavorful marinara sauce with rich cream and parmesan cheese for an easy and delicious pasta sauce. It’s great over any type of pasta but I typically use penne for easy-eating. This pasta is nice on it’s own or you can add grilled chicken, sausage, or shrimp for some extra protein. I like it plain though.
Pasta with Vodka Sauce
- 1 lb. penne pasta (or any pasta of your choice)
- 1 qt. smooth marinara sauce
- 1 c. vodka
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. parmesan cheese, grated
salt & pepper
- In a large sauté pan, bring the tomato sauce and vodka to a simmer over low heat until the mixture reduces by 1/4, stirring often, about 20 minutes.
- Stir the cream into the tomato and vodka sauce. Simmer over low heat until the sauce is heated through.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and allow it to melt.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and transfer it to the pan with the sauce, and toss to coat.
- Serve topped with additional grated parmesan cheese if desired.